Our Room Leaders at Monkey Puzzle work within the rooms to support inspirational learning, as well as working closely with the nursery team and management.
Working closely between the children and the management team helps the room leaders to provide a high level of professional leadership to room-based teams and helps ensure that all children receive the highest possible standards of care and education.
In our Room Leaders, we look for someone who can generate creative ideas to inspire learning, write reports and keep clear and accurate records. We expect them to promote a high standard of quality within the nursery, not just for the children but within their practice. This includes the environment they create within their room and the resources and learning they provide to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
As a minimum you should have:
- Minimum full and relevant Level 3 Early Years qualification
- Safeguarding knowledge
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Nursery Practitioner or similar
- Background in working in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Experience of working and communicating with parents and carers
- The ability to communicate confidently with adults and children
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to work well within a team
Current Room Leader Vacancies
A few of our nurseries have job vacancies posted on our careers portal, but this is a very small selection of the opportunities currently available. If you do not see an opportunity for a nursery near you, simply find your local Monkey Puzzle using our search tool and discover their career opportunities directly, many are actively recruiting now.