A question for everyone. Does pineapple go on pizza? We definitely think it does! Have a go at making our recipe for a delicious Hawaiian pizza and see what you think. Don’t forget to share your results with us and let us know what you think.
- 1kg strong plain flour
- Dried yeast
- Tomato and onion sauce
- Cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Diced ham
- Chopped pineapple
- Salt and sugar
- Add the yeast as advised on the packet to the flour.
- Form a dough and knead for about 5-10 mins.
- Leave to rise for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Top with the tomato sauce and sprinkle the top with the grated cheese.
- If making the ham and pineapple sprinkle onto the tomato sauce and top with the grated cheese.
- Leave to prove for 30 mins and bake in the oven for 20-30 mins.
Did you know?
Did you know Hawaiian pizza was actually invented in Canada and pineapples don’t originally come from Hawaii? It was named after the tin of pineapples that the chef used when he made the first pizza. Pineapples actually came from South America and were likely taken to Hawaii by Spanish explorers and are now one of the biggest selling items coming out of Hawaii.