Want to try and make a Christmas classic and bake your own Gingerbread people? Try our fantastic recipe. It’s very easy and takes under an hour so all of the family can join in. The recipe should make around 20 people so plenty for all of your Christmas guests.
- 1 egg
- 125g butter
- 350g flour
- 175g sugar light brown
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- With a wooden spoon, beat the butter.
- Add in the sugar and beat together.
- Add the egg and the golden syrup and beat.
- Add the sieved dry ingredients and mix.
- Form a dough and wrap in cling film.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C.
- Cut out the dough with cutters.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
Did you know?
Queen Elizabeth I is credited with making the first gingerbread people but gingerbread houses come originally from Germany. The world’s largest gingerbread house was made in Texas and was so big a family of five could comfortably stay in it. If you ate the whole thing, you would have eaten over 350,000,000 calories!