Why not try our simple Cod Fishcakes recipe? It’s quite easy and the whole family can join in and enjoy the fun of making them. If you don’t like Cod, then this recipe works just as well with Salmon too.
- 1 kg frozen cod portions
- 3kg peeled potatoes
- 2 Lemons
- Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh or dried herbs
- Fresh brown breadcrumbs
- Beaten eggs and milk
- Plain flour
- Boil the potatoes for mashing.
- Poach the cod for about 20 mins and leave to cool.
- Once the potatoes are mashed add the juice and zest of 2 lemons, Worcestershire sauce and the herbs.
- Drain the cod and add to the potato mix and leave to cool.
- Prepare to breadcrumb the fishcakes by having a tray of flour, beaten eggs and milk and the fresh breadcrumbs.
- Roll the fishcakes into balls and put through the flour, egg and breadcrumbs, shape using a cutter. Chill before frying.
- To cook shallow fry in a little oil on both sides, place on a baking tray and finish in the oven for about 20-30 mins.