Looking for an delicious recipe for Christmas Biscuits/Cookies that’s easy to make with your children? Try our amazing Monkey Puzzle Christmas Biscuits!
100g/3 1/2oz unsalted butter
100g/3 1/2 oz caster sugar
1 free range egg, lightly beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
275g/10oz plain flour
400g/14oz icing sugar
2-3 drops food colourings
- Preheat the over to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Roll the rough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm.
- Using biscuit cutters or a glass, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray. To make them into Christmas tree decorations, carefully make a small hole at the top of the biscuit using a straw.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes or until a pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture. Sit in the food colouring.
- Carefully spread the icing onto the biscuits and sprinkle the glitter on top. Set aside until the icing has hardened.