Try a nice new recipe for an old favourite. Have a go at making our chilli con carne recipe. It’s not too hot and spicy so is good for all of the family to enjoy.
- 3kg beef mince
- 3 cans of tinned tomatoes
- 2tsp paprika
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tins of baked beans
- 2 tins of red kidney beans
- Put the mince in a large pan and cook gently in its own fat, stirring until evenly browned.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, paprika and the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally until the mixture is rich and thickened.
- In the meantime, rinse the rice and prepare according to the instructions on the packet.
- Stir beans in with the meat.
- Cook the meat mixture for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, before removing from the heat.
Did you know?
Did you know that chilli con carne, means “chilli with meat”? Chilli originates from Mexico in North America. In Mexico alone there are over 140 different types of chilli with a really wide range in heat.