Try our homemade chicken and mushroom pie recipe. Easy to make and a healthier alternative to buying them in the shop. Definitely a people pleaser and something that the whole family can join in with and enjoy.
10 chicken breasts
1 litre chicken stock
1 litre milk
2 tins of tomatoes
100g plain flour
500g pack puff pastry
- Pre-cook the chicken (bake or fry).
- Melt the butter and gently sauté the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the flour to make a thick ball of all the ingredients.
- Slowly add the chicken stock and tinned tomatoes stirring all the time.
- Slowly add the milk, again stirring all the time.
- Allow the sauce to simmer until it has thickened.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and peas and taste.
- Serve with a puff pastry top.