Try our amazing beef lasagne recipe. Easy to make and all of the family can join in.
6 large Onions, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6kg fresh beef mince
10 canned plum tomatoes
Mixed dried herbs
6 packets of precooked dried lasagne sheets
(For the béchamel sauce see the cheese sauce recipe)
- Gently fry the onion and carrots for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring to coat well. Stir in the beef and a dash of black pepper and cook until the beef has lost its raw pink look.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and stir thoroughly. Simmer uncovered for approximately 1 hour.
- Make the béchamel sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a shallow baking dish.
- Pour enough béchamel into the baking dish to just cover the base. Place a layer of lasagne sheets on top, followed by a layer of meat sauce, then another layer of béchamel. Continue with more layers until both sauces are used up. Add a final sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until bubbling all over and a knife slips easily through the layers of lasagne.