A classic dinner that the whole family will enjoy! Try our recipe for beef and tomato meatballs. Very simple and takes around an hour to prepare and cook, it’s definitely a recipe that everyone can get stuck in and help to prepare.
- 2 kg fresh beef mince
- 200g tomato ketchup
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh herbs
- 300g breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- Tomato and red onion sauce
- Mix together the eggs tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the fresh breadcrumbs and minced beef into a bowl.
- Using your hands mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into balls and place in a roasting tray.
- Cover with the tomato and red onion sauce.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 mins
Did you know?
Nobody really knows the origins of meatballs. We know that they were made by the Romans and we have some of the recipes they used in ancient cookbooks. Lots of cultures have different versions of meatballs, like Kofta in the Middle East, Albondigas in Spain and Köttbullar in Sweden. The world record for the largest meatball was made in South Carolina in America. It was made in November of 2017 with a massive 1757 pound meatball that took a year of planning to create and over a week to cook!