Camping, get it right (and the weather!) and fun for all is guaranteed. But many of us think of camping and then…
Outside loos, mud, noisy fellow campers and cooking of a one ring stove…how can that be fun?
Well think again, camping and campsites have come a long way in recent years and provide those little luxuries that take the “living rough” out of camping. Taking the kids can put off a lot of people, but prepare in advance and it’s a doddle AND a lot of fun!
When you’re booking there are a few things to consider, whether or not your pitch is likely to be near any entertainment, baby-sitting services usually get booked up very quickly and if your looking for kids clubs check the ratio of carers to children and the eating arrangements.
On the subject of eating arrangements, make sure to create a menu for the period so that you know what to take and what you will need to buy when your there. It is also a good idea to cook some meals ahead of time to take with you in a cooler bag, saving a lot of time for the first couple of days.
Finally, the following list will ensure you don’t forget anything and enjoy your outdoor adventure…
- Torch – toilet in the middle of the night!
- Battery powered lamp
- Mallet – tent pegs won’t go in the ground on their own.
- Matches and batteries.
- Gas for the stove.
- Cooking pans / tin opener / cork screw – not all wine bottles are screw tops!
- Plenty of cutlery and cooking knives.
- Washing up liquid and sponge.
- Washing powder – camping can be dirty.
- Pillows / duvets / blankets.
- Pump for the air beds.
- Warm, waterproof clothing – It is a British “summer” after all!
- Wellies – see above.
- Sun lotion – you never know!
- Toilet roll – no explanation needed…
- Wet wipes.
- Potty – for the little one in your life.
- Phone charger.
- Fold up chairs.
- First Aid kit and insect repellent.
- Entertainment! – board games, books, video games.
I’m sure I’ve missed a few things, if I have try and have fun discovering what exactly! Finally for a list of quality sites and further information visit the Camping and Caravan Club website.